Beginning of year
Where to start before heading back
1. Read all about your students
2. Set up your mark book with students results from previous year
3. Organise your classroom layout on paper. Work out where you'll store resources.
4. Familiarise yourself with the curriculum content.
5. Look at previous years reading data results and temporarily place children into reading groups.
6. Set up homework sheets and introductory letters.
7. Create differentiated spelling lists (if they're not already created)
8. Draft a beginning of the year newsletter.